Cycling is one of the best ways to stay safe. This is why you need the best watch for biking to keep track of your fitness. However, there are many other advantages that you can enjoy with this device such as GPS. Thanks to the technological advancements the biking watch is becoming more and more like biking computers. So investing in a GPS watch is a good idea especially if you love to keep track of your trails. Let us look at the top 5 watches for biking.
1. Fitbit Ionic Watch
If you have been in the fitness industry for some time, then you can tell that Fitbit is one of the best brands. Fitbit Ionic helps you to personalize work out hence helping you to achieve your goals. Besides, it features a GPS mode that helps in tracking the pace and distance. Another notable feature is that you can store more than 300 songs as you do your running, cycling, or excises.
With the Fitbit Ionic you can measure your fitness, calories burnt, optimize workouts, and monitor your health over time. This feature is empowered by the heart rate feature.
- It comes with quality components
- Very easy to assemble (less than 20 minutes)
- Features powerful disc brakes
- True beginners trail bike built with quality components
- It has a low-slung geometry that allows better trail riding performance
- The diamond hook has routed dropper posts that are compatible with the frame internally
- You might experience some syncing flaws
2. Polar Vantage M
Polar Vantage M is one of the best watches for biking. It features an HR sensor for tracking activities such as sleep, multisport, and swimming metrics. Furthermore, this watch comes with a GPS mode that is very important especially for bikers. The battery lasts up to 30 hours in training mode. Also, it comes with a prime heat rate for precision monitoring.
The best thing about this watch is that you can switch to different sporting modes such as swimming biking and running. Besides the activity tracker displays very helpful metrics to track your fitness. You can also sync with other biking accessories for better riding experience.
- Long battery life that lasts for more than 30 hours on training made
- You can view different metrics session by session
- Integrated GPS for the accurate route, speed, and distance tracking
- It comes with a heart rate precision monitor
- Features a lightweight design that makes it comfortable to wear
- Some buyers complained that HR tracking is not consistent
3. Fitbit Charge 4 Fitness and Activity Tracker
Apart from the Fitbit Ionic Charge 4 is also a great watch for cycling. It comes with a GPS mode that shows your pace, distance covered, and routes. This mode also incorporates GLONASS that displays other advanced metrics to help you keep fit. Another great feature of storage that can hold more than 300 songs.
Also, you can track the calories that you burn or check other insights for health and wellness. You can make payments using Fitbit Pay or sync with your phone to access other apps or notifications it is water-resistant so you can swim with it or wear it in the shower. Track your heart rate using this best watch for biking.
- Comes with a built-in GPS that will help you to track routes, pace, and distance
- The battery lasts up to 7 days
- Tracks heart rate and calories burnt
- You can play your favorite music from Spotify as well
- 20+ goals mode to track workouts
- Connectivity and software issues
4. Garmin Fenix 6 Pro
This is the best watch to monitor your fitness performance while cycling. Besides, it features a sunlight-readable display so as you easily view your metrics as you cycle. This model is also large than all Garmin models. The enhanced heart rate estimation helps to monitor your sporting activities as well as your sleep.
It comes with topo maps enhanced with GPS to enable you to track cycling routes, distance, and speed. Also, the built-in sensors in Garmin Fenix 6 pro help to produce accurate metrics. Another great feature that you will find on this watch is the Garmin Pay solution. However, you should check and make sure if your country is eligible for this service first.
- It has a powerful battery that can last for about a month
- Features a diamond-like, titanium or stainless steel coating
- It has an inbuilt topo map that is enhanced by GPS and other internal features
- You can pay bills using this watch
- It has an advanced heartbeat monitoring feature
5. Garmin Forerunner 645 Music
If you want to lighten your cycling with some music then you have to try the Garmin Forerunner 645. You can easily download songs using this device. Besides, you can connect it with Bluetooth headphones. These are sold separately, you can consider them if you are the type that loves listening to music as they as you cycle.
This is one of the best watches for keeping fit as it provides advanced dynamics. For example, if you are running you will get to see dynamics such as stride length, contact time balance, and vertical ratio. Furthermore, this watch offers monitoring status by using estimated heart rate data from your wrist. It also features a GPS and has a battery life of 7 days.
- This watch has a strong battery life that lasts up to 7 days or 5 hours while on music and GPS mode
- It offers monitoring features that help you to keep track of your fitness
- You can download songs using this device
- It pairs with external Bluetooth devices
- Comes with Garmin pay that can help you make contactless payments
- Great display
- Not touchscreen
Best Watch for Biking Buying Guide
Don’t get carried away by a watch’s’ look but look at its features. For biking, you will need features such as good battery life, heart rate sensor, GPS, altimeter, and a compass. Those are the most useful features.
Access to Apps
Look for a biking watch that can connect with many fitness-focused apps. Also, make sure that it can sync with your phone so as you can read notifications as you cycle or even make contactless payments. Access to fitness apps is an added advantage as you will get more metrics to track your fitness.
Biking watches can be exposed to water every now or then. Whether it’s from sweat or unexpected rain so you need a water-resistant watch.
Of course, this is one of the most important things to consider when buying an electric device, not just a biking watch. You don’t want to buy one that will switch off the event in the middle of your cycling activity.
There is no need of having a watch that will complicate your riding experience. Silicone or rubber wrist is very comfortable but you can choose a classier design with fabric or leather bands. Make sure that your band is breathable and fits you well for comfortable cycling.
You will need the best watch for biking if you want to have a great cycling experience. This watch will not only help you to track your fitness but also help you to track cycling routes, distances, and speed. Besides, you can enjoy listening to songs that you have saved in this device for cycling motivation. Before buying your watch for biking you need to consider features such as GPS, HR sensors, the display, and access to other apps. The display is really important, look for a watch that you can see comfortably even when there is sunlight.